Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Man Made Magic

In the last 2 weeks I have proven to myself just how motivated and badass I can be. As I'm sure that you can tell, if you have read my comic, I am a pretty skeptical person. But I can honestly say that lately I have even made myself proud.

Last Monday was a great day for Barely Alive. I printed the first silk screened covers for the very first issue. And they look absolutely AMAZING! I am so happy and pleased with them. It had taken so long to get the covers printed that I had finally given up, but then luckily I got to go to a good friends house and print my screens there. I had so much fun just being stoned and zoning out pulling print after print. Altogether there were about 200 prints, with 2 colors. So I pretty much was printing for 8 hours straight with drying breaks. But I was pumped. It was so worth it. I felt this caffeinated adrenaline just rushing through my brains out of sheer excitement and content feeling of being finished. I wanted nothing more than to keep going, and Mel helped a bit. But I pretty much did most of the work on my own.

It was magical seeing the covers, seeing what I had visioned in my mind for months, finally be pushed out onto paper. It's almost like watching your brains visions just appear right before your eyes.

Today was the marathon folding and stapling session. I managed to spend all day putting patches and comics together and yet and still you would think I would be too tired to write it all down here. But it's so important. The process, and documenting the emotions and all of it. I love that people will be able to come here and scroll back to the day I put together the first 200 copies of my first zine, and fell in love with it as fast as a mother would a newborn child. I am so excited I could literally just shit.

Now for zine fest....

1 comment: